We are the company GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR, a cheap car rental agency in Tunisia.
GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR informs you that the tenant must check the state of the car at the beginning and at the end of the rental. We will summarize on our car condition contract any deterioration noted by mutual agreement at the beginning of the rental. You will be held responsible for any further damage noted on return of the car.
GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR undertakes to serve you the car in good working order.
The vehicle may only be driven by the renter or any other person who has received our authorization (this person must be registered in the rental contract between the company GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR and the renter).
You are obliged to take care of the vehicle and return it in accordance with the provisions of this rental agreement.
Information to remember:
- In the event of an accident, theft, breakdown or damage, you must inform the GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR agency and the police as soon as possible.
- The accident deductible payment is 4% of the value of the car. This amount will be charged in the event of an accident if the responsibility of an identified third party is not clearly established.
- The option to abolish the franchise shall be acquired subject to the production of the duly completed out-of-court report.
- However, this exemption does not cover
- Damage to tires, broken glass, accessories (mirrors, front and rear headlights, sidelights, etc.) remain the responsibility of the tenant.
- The costs caused by the loss of vehicle papers amount to 150 dinars.
- Towing following an accident, i.e. 1,100 dinars per kilometer (from the scene of the accident to the GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR Hammamet agency).
- Renting a car for only 24 hours is limited in mileage (350 Km maximum). Each extra kilometer will be charged 0.350 dinars. You are responsible for any damage and expenses in case of loss of keys or papers during your rental. The renter must be at least 25 years old at the beginning of the rental and have a minimum of 2 years of driving license. The deposit is from 500 euros (paid in cash, by credit card or by check) depending on the category of car.
Cheap car rental in Tunisia
GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR offers you a wide choice of vehicles. At the time of the confirmation of the car rental, a contract will be established between GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR and the tenant while respecting the rental conditions and Tunisian laws. The use of a hand-held mobile phone while driving is strictly forbidden as well as driving with a high blood alcohol level. Fuel is always at the expense of the tenant. Unless otherwise stipulated, the vehicle is delivered with a half-full tank and must be returned the same way.
- Rental cars in Tunisia have a black license plate. The safety belt is mandatory.
The speed is:
- 50 km/h in built-up areas
- 90 Km/h outside built-up areas
- 110 Km/h on the Highway
Service stations are present everywhere in Tunisia. They are open 7d/7d and 24H/24H. You will find all types of fuels (super, super unleaded, Diesel).
- Gasoline is about 2.5 times cheaper than in Europe, very few service stations accept credit cards.
The police are omnipresent, in case of a paper check, you have to present:
- The papers of the car (registration card, technical visit, insurance, stickers, operating card)
- Driving license (international or national)
- The rental contract
An amicable report is in the car, it must be filled in by the parties involved, the renter undertakes to declare to the company any accident occurring within 48 hours.
– Short term rental
Choosing GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR for your short-term rentals means benefiting from a variety of specific price solutions adapted to your needs. You can also take advantage of the full range of services dedicated to companies.
If you are an international group, a branch or a small business, we can send you a personalized proposal. Do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form. An adviser will be able to answer all your questions.
– Long-term rental
Long-term rental with GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR allows the driver to control his budget because the rent remains the same every month, no increase will be applied. In fact, maintenance, insurance and assistance are included in the contract which will allow you to drive in complete serenity without worrying about possible costs related to the vehicle.
In addition, the renter has the possibility to change the car as often as he wishes without having to worry about the resale of his old car.
On your arrival at Tunis Carthage airport or at the port of La Goulette, GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR, provides you with a driver who welcomes you with an executive sign displaying your name. He will drive you directly to the destination of your choice.
In order to guarantee a better quality of service, our benefits are made on reservation at least 24 hours in advance.
Your transfers are provided everywhere in Tunisia: from the airport or the place you choose: train stations, hotels, companies.
Thanks to this transfer service, GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR ensures your trips for all congresses, seminars and other events, but also your excursions with experienced guides throughout Tunisia (including raids in southern Tunisia).
– Breakdown service
In case of emergency, please do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form, an adviser will be able to answer all your questions as soon as possible.
You can also contact us directly in our agency (open 7 days a week from 8am to 6pm) or by telephone (available 7 days a week on 00216 98 332 583).
– Wedding car rental
For your weddings, think about renting a car at GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR.
For this exceptional day, you can rent a top-of-the-range car with or without a driver to ensure your trips to/from the municipality or to/from the village hall.
We can also insure:
- The transport of the guests or the family to the place of your party.
- The trip to your destination after the party (with or without driver).
- Your transfer to the airport if you wish to go on your honeymoon.
We offer you our wedding car rental services for all your trips, for a predefined period of time and with the car of your choice.
Long Term Car Rental (LTCR) is a particular type of rental that concerns the corporate world, just like private individuals. It consists of renting a vehicle over a period of time set in advance for a fixed monthly rent.
The LTCR is spread over a period ranging from 12 to 120 months (or even longer). Once the rental contract comes to an end, the lessor can enter into another contract with a new vehicle without having to worry about the constraints of reselling or maintaining the rental vehicle.
By opting for the LTCR, you are subscribing to optional services that meet different needs in the provision and management of your fleet.
You will no longer need to worry about any costs associated with the use of your rental vehicle such as maintenance and repair service, insurance, taxes, etc…. Thus, the LTCR consists in entrusting the financing and the management of your car to our company, it is the ideal solution for a professional and flexible management, a secure mobility, and a controlled car budget.
An LTCR contract brings together the best conditions that will allow you to drive in new and safe rental vehicles, and this thanks to the full range of services provided by GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR Plus.
LTCR, services and benefits
- The insurance of a rented vehicle in excellent working order.
- Complete freedom in the choice of vehicles.
- A fixed rate for the entire rental period, which guarantees you a budget forecast.
- A unique interlocutor.
- No intervention of the tenant (driver) in case of breakdown.
- Quick assistance to ensure the temporary replacement of the vehicle.
- No inconvenience in case of resale or maintenance.GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR Plus takes care of it in a professional manner.
- No fortuitous cases because the rental price is fixed (fixed rate for the whole period).
- Outsourcing and simplification of all the tasks concerning your fleet.
- Transparency of fleet management costs.
LTCR, accounting and financial benefits
- A charge spread over the period of use of the rental vehicle.
- No capital lockup.
- Reserved borrowing capacity.
- No sudden cash flow.
- Recoverable VAT for taxable persons.
- Rentals deductible from operating expenses within the established tax limit.
- Avoid fixed assets.
- Reduction of the taxable profit base thanks to rents that are already booked as expenses.
LTCR, advantages in terms of management and services
- Care and maintenance of the rented vehicle.
- Tyre replacement.
- On-site assistance in case of breakdown of the rented car.
- Coverage of insurance costs.
- Follow-up of deadlines and payment of all taxes on technical visits and vignettes.
- Revisions and checks throughout the period of use of the rental vehicle.
- Provision of the assistance vehicle if the rented vehicle is non-roadworthy.
If you wish to rent a car for your holidays, don’t forget to read the rental agreement carefully. In the event of an accident or theft, you may have to pay part of the costs. Which insurances will be involved? Is there a deductible? Can this excess be bought back? So many questions to ask yourself before getting behind the wheel.
The Civil Liability Coverage
Understand the insurances associated with the lease contract
Apart from civil liability insurance (which covers the insured for any damage they may cause to a third party) which is compulsory and systematically included in the rental contract, the insurances offered by the rental companies are very varied. This is why it is important to fully understand the rental contract that the lessor offers: the responsibilities involved for the lessee can vary considerably from one contract to another. Among the insurances (basic or optional), particular attention should be given to the amount of the deductible and the possible repurchase of the excess.
Multi-risk Insurance Pack with Deductible
What is a deductible?
The deductible is the amount that the renter has to pay in case of damage or theft of the car. The amount of the excess is fixed in the rental contract and can vary from a few hundred euros (or local currency) to
several thousand depending on the category of car. The amount of the deductibles displayed by the lessors is an important criterion for comparing the coverages offered. If, for example, the contract provides for an excess of €2,000 and your car is damaged by you, you will have to pay the repair costs, up to a maximum of €2,000, to the lessor. To avoid this risk, it would be to your advantage to take out an additional, optional cover providing for the repurchase of this excess.
The amount of the deductible varies according to the model of the vehicle and starts at 500 euros up to 2,000 euros.
The Smart Pack GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR +:
The Smart Pack GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR + allows the full repurchase of the excess with insurance included in the rental price of the car.
For a minimum amount, our Smart Pack allows you to travel without any hesitation and without having to pay in case of accident. Discover the price of the Smart Pack at the GANNOUCHI RENT A CAR agency. Without subscribing to the Smart Pack, an amount of 500 to 2,000 euros will be debited from your credit card as a guarantee to cover the deductible and any potential damage.
If the payment is made by debit card and you contract our Smart Pack, a fee of only 300 euros will be applied to your debit card as a guarantee deposit. This fee will be refunded to you at the end of the rental period within approximately 7 working days.
To benefit from the Gannouchi + Smart Pack, the tenant must be over 35 years old. The Smart Pack Gannouchi +does not cover damage to the top and underbody of the vehicle related to a personal item.
Benefits of Franchise Buyout
For a daily supplement (generally more than ten euros per day) or the purchase of “Protection Packs” marketed by the major worldwide rental companies, the tenant can in most contracts buy back the excess: this buy-back will cover the accident risk and/or the theft risk (please read your contract on this subject) and, depending on your contract, it will be partial or total: a partial buy-back reduces the portion of the excess that must be paid if an accident or theft has occurred (its amount is on average from 500 to 2,000 euros). A total buy-back allows the renter (or rather his insurer) to take full responsibility for the costs related to the damage or theft.
Be careful! If you rent for 15 days, the total repurchase of the excess can be very expensive! Be careful.
Special case of online brokers
More and more cars are being rented online from rental brokers. In the latter case, if the local rental company has not provided for the repurchase of the deductible but your broker proposes it in the online offer, it is the latter who will reimburse the full amount of the expenses, on your return and on presentation of supporting documents: police report, damage report issued by the rental company, proof of payment to the rental company, …
What is not covered by any insurance:
- Damage to a third party or the rental vehicle due to negligence or improper conduct.
- Loss of child seat.
Loss/damage/loss of keys, damage to the top and underbody of the vehicle related to personal effects. Also not covered are
- Damage due to misfuelling and breaking/loss of the GPS, a flat battery, running out of fuel or locking the vehicle with the keys inside. Antennas, jacks, safety triangles and vests, windshield wipers, fuel cap, trunk trays, ashtray or any other fixed or moving part of the vehicle.
- Damage to the vehicle’s engine due to negligence.
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition.
- Any damage to the vehicle or persons due to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Fines levied for non-compliance with traffic laws when renting the vehicle are the sole responsibility of the driver. If you are sanctioned by a fine, administrative management fees will be applicable in Tunisia.
- Gannouchi Rent a Car declines all responsibility if you do not show up one hour before the end of the contract.
- Gannouchi Rent a Car declines all responsibility if you take a foreigner not mentioned on the contract.
- Refueling with the wrong type of gasoline.
- Loss/damage/theft of personal belongings.
Some credit cards include excess buy-back
Before taking out ” excess buy-back ” insurance, you should check whether this cover is included in your credit card contract. Visa Premier”, “American Express” or “Gold Mastercard” cardholders, for example, automatically benefit from a “rental vehicle” guarantee that provides this cover (up to two claims paid per calendar year), with certain conditions
vehicle exclusions (especially high-end vehicles), and limitation in duration (rentals of more than 31 days are, at Visa Premier, not covered by this guarantee). However, in this case, in the event of a claim, you must first pay the amount of the excess to the car rental company, then set up a file to be refunded by the card’s insurance.
Compulsory accident report
In the case of a possible accident, and whether at fault or not, registered in the multirisk insurance pack or Assuri Gannouchi+ pack, it is mandatory to fill out an amicable report that reproduces the cause of the accident, this report is always available in a blank copy in the glove compartment of the rental car. The mode of use and the way of filling in the report are written on the back of the report. In the worst case it is possible to contact our assistance service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Failure to submit this report to the agency, by loss, omission or whatever the cause, automatically implies the loss of all rights of the customer with the insurance and requires him to pay all repair costs.